Microbiome Research Grant – Expressions of Interest Now Open
Microba is providing $10,000 grants for researchers to access Microba’s metagenomic sequencing and bioinformatics services for human gut microbiome research.
The grant can be used to access Microba’s end-to-end clinical research platform, including:
- Proprietary sampling kit, online portal and logistics capability to streamline patient
- High-throughput optimised laboratory sample processing and sequencing workflow;
- Shotgun metagenomic sequencing to identify organism to species resolution and functional metabolic potential;
- Proprietary database of microbial genomes;
- Online questionnaires to easily capture metadata from your study participants;
- Project-specific bioinformatic analysis to deliver publishable results for your project.
Expressions of interest close 31st October 2018.
Microba is accepting expressions of interest from researchers at any Australian university, research institute, or company. The project can be partially- or fully-funded by the grant and Microba welcomes proposals for research into all areas of human health and wellness. Please note that Microba currently supports human faecal sample analysis.
- Scientific credibility of the proposed research project
- Impact of the proposed research outcomes
- Potential commercial application of proposed research
- Feasibility of research project
If you have any questions or require more information, please contact Kylie Ellis, Manager of Research Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org.